HS - Basic Information
2:52 PM | Author: Angela
From HS USA:

Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS), also known as 'Acne Inversa', is a physically, psychologically, and socially disabling disease affecting inverse areas of the body (those places where there is skin-to-skin contact - armpits, groin, breasts, etc.), and where apocrine glands and hair follicles are found. It is non-contagious and recurrent; typically manifesting as a progression from single boil-like, pus-filled abscesses, or hard sebaceous lumps, to painful, deep-seated, often inflamed clusters of lesions with chronic seepage (suppuration --- hence the name) involving significant scarring.

Abscesses may be as large as baseballs in some people, are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, culminating in drainage, often leaving open wounds that will not heal. These "flare-ups" are often triggered by stress, hormonal changes, or humid heat. Drainage of the lumps provides some relief from severe, often debilitating, pressure pain; however, pain occurs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for HS sufferers during flare-ups, and is difficult to manage.

Persistent lesions may lead to the formation of sinus tracts, or tunnels connecting the abscesses under the skin. At this stage, complete healing is usually not possible, and progression of the disease in the area is inevitable. Occurrences of bacterial infections and cellulites (deep tissue inflammation) are likely at these sites.

Because of the drainage which may have a foul odor, fever and fatigue caused by acute inflammation and the physical restrictions caused by pain and skin deformation, people often cannot work, drive, exercise or even perform day-to-day tasks, and are ashamed to go out in public. HS sufferers may go through severe bouts of depression, avoid public and inter-personal contact, become sedentary and often overweight.



HS was first described in 1839 and has since been called many names. We still cannot agree on what to call it. Germans prefer Akne Inversa, the French still like to use Verneuil's, which we'll admit, sounds much better than Hidradenitis Suppurativa ('oozing inflamed sweat glands'). All are equally correct and equally wrong. All but names for symptoms of an underlying disease we don't yet know.

..."correct" names for this disease:

Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS)
alt: Hidradenitis Supportiva
Acne Inversa (AI)
Apocrine Acne
Acne conglobata
Apocrinitis
Verneuil's disease
Velpeau's disease
Fox-den disease
Pyodermia sinifica fistulans


Internationally:

Hidrosadénite Suppurée (fr)
Hidrosadenite Supurativa (es)
Idrosadenite suppurativa (it)
Maladie de Verneuil (fr)
Doença de Verneuil (pt)
Akne Inversa (de)
гнойного гидраденита (ru)



...has been diagnosed as, but is not:
Folliculitis
Acne
Boils
Cysts (sebaceous, inclusion and subcutaneous)
Furuncles
Carbuncles
Poor Hygiene

...is definitely not:
contagious
Herpes
STD
Cancer
Allergies
Plague


...often happens in conjunction with:
PCOS / Insulin Resistance / Androgen Dysfunction
Crohns and other inflammatory auto-immune conditions
Anemia
Hyperhydrosis / hyperhidrosis
Depression
Acne Vulgaris / Cystic / Conglobata
Pilonidal cysts


Stages of the Disease

Hidradenitis typically develops slowly over time. Since there are no 100% successful treatments it will run its course. Development differs, however, from individual to individual. With some, the disease may stagnate and never develop past a mild stage, with others, it may escalate and become a debilitating disease. We do not know why.
This is how HS may progress:

Stage I. Solitary or multiple isolated abscess formation without scarring or sinus tracts;

Stage II. Recurrent abscesses, single or multiple widely separated lesions, with beginning sinus tract formation ("tunneling") and cicatrisation (formation of scar tissue);

Stage III. Diffuse or broad involvement across a regional area with multiple interconnected sinus tracts, significant cicatrisation and persistent abscesses.
|
This entry was posted on 2:52 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

15 comments:

On May 14, 2014 at 7:06 AM , Allan said...

Nice post.Acne Scar Treatment Delhii really like you post and i read your post.

 
On April 17, 2015 at 6:37 PM , Jessica L. Smith said...

'After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealers@gmail.com you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS'

 
On November 14, 2016 at 9:38 AM , Anonymous said...

DR OBOITE herbal medicine is a good remedy for HS disease cure.
I was cured recently by one man from Africa DR OBOITE,A friend of mine introduced me to him i contacted him, and he treat me an cured my HS disease permanently, It's still a surprised to me because all my hope was gone, so i decided to testify his goodness to everyone, So if you have any diseases like this,HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS C VIRUS/HERPES VIRUS/GENITAL WART/ ALS/ COPD, or any diseases he can cure it and is a humble and truthful man. You can write DR OBOITE through mail: droboiteherbalcurehome@gmail.com or call him with his telephone number +2348054265852.

 
On August 6, 2018 at 12:49 AM , dewisari said...

tanding ayam terkenal

ayam laga indonesia

 
On August 14, 2018 at 1:58 PM , Unknown said...

situs nonton sabung www ayam bangkok

 
On January 13, 2019 at 2:19 AM , susuultra023 said...

mau yang asik ? ayam bangkok petarung

 
On August 5, 2019 at 2:58 PM , Giphy Olivia said...

I was diagnose with human papilloma virus (HPV) 4 years ago and i met a doctor he told me there is no cure and i have be taking some medication the warts multiplied when trying to removed them and it got me embarrass and pains, luckily few weeks ago i was recommend to Dr Onokun for natural treatment after one week i got 100% cure and all the wart and pains got disappeared, i sheared this post because its part of my life experience, encase anyone need speedy help about this cure email Dr Onokun via, dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

 
On August 5, 2019 at 2:58 PM , Giphy Olivia said...

I was diagnose with human papilloma virus (HPV) 4 years ago and i met a doctor he told me there is no cure and i have be taking some medication the warts multiplied when trying to removed them and it got me embarrass and pains, luckily few weeks ago i was recommend to Dr Onokun for natural treatment after one week i got 100% cure and all the wart and pains got disappeared, i sheared this post because its part of my life experience, encase anyone need speedy help about this cure email Dr Onokun via, dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

 
On August 27, 2019 at 4:13 PM , Richard Debra said...

Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR Onokun helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

 
On October 20, 2019 at 12:44 PM , Anayo said...

ARE YOU AWARE THAT MODERN NATURAL HERBAL MEDICINES OF THIS GENERATION NOW PERMANENTLY CURE DRUG RESISTANT DISEASES LIKE; HSV/HERPES, CANCERS, HIV/AIDS, ERECTILE DISJUNCTION/ IMPOTENCY, DIABETES FOREVER WITHOUT A POSSIBLE COME BACK OR AFTER EFFECTS?
It wonderfully worked for me;
At first I was a bit skeptical about this Natural cure for herpes and other similar medicines. Discovering people with similar symptoms who are treated and cured by Dr Utu both on medias and in social medias on daily basis motivated me, so I contacted him for help!
At first, I was a bit curious about this possible cure, but! I don't want to be left out without giving it a trial, so I contacted him as well.
Some hours later he replied me, then he asked me some private questions, of which I honestly answered, I told him how I have lived and suffered with this disease and how much I will do anything to get rid of it. He assured me of total cure after taking his herbal medicines. It was even more easier than I expected. Also I never even imagined to get my parcels within five working days, but to my greatest surprise my parcels was brought to my doorstep by the end of the second day. I collected the parcel which I followed all the instructions as he had directed. Just as I was told "four weeks medication " my medicine finished in four weeks exactly. From week one of my medication I started noticing positive change in health. and in week two I could tell much more differences and I was so eager to even testify of life again in me.
I patiently continue medication till the last bottle which was then week four. I was the first person the next day in the clinic for lab test. Not even a particle of herpes was found in my system when I collected my result. Knowing I'm now herpes negative at this point I proceeded to inform my doctor, he doubted me, that day he gave me a month appointment to be closely monitored. It's my health so I waited more six Months and again i went for 'lab test' in a different clinical lab.
This time the result was still the same as the previous one. Also since this year I have been living my normal life and am still herpes free no symptoms and even till now no cold sore or outbreak. As a result of this herbal cure in my life and my family at large, I can boast of doctors today who through me, now uses African Traditional Roots and Herbs to TREAT AND CURE patients that are, CANCERS, HERPES, PARALYSIS, and HIV successfully today. Many are still ignorant of this I know.
Contact Dr Utu directly today on; "drutuherbalcure@gmail.com" to free yourself from emotional stress and become healthy again

 
On July 2, 2020 at 3:29 AM , patrick morrison said...

I'm so excited to share my testimonies about the Good Work of  Dr.Anuge who got me cured from herpes simplex virus (HSV1&2) with his herbs, I never thought that I would live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from herpes, I had spent a lot of money going from one Hospital to another looking for a way to get rid of this disease, the hospital has been my home everyday residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this fateful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how @Dr_anuge7 helped someone in curing his herpes disease using his healing Herbs, quickly I copied his email just to give him a test I spoke to him, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, after I received his herbs and I took it as instructed. I was cured permanently from herpes. My herpes disease was gone. so I decided to share my testimony, that nothing is impossible with God, God used a man to heal me. No matter what you are passing through, no matter how deadly the sickness is and no matter what the situation is God that did mine is still going to do yours, people suffering from herpes, brain tumor, kidney disease, pcos, AIDS, ALS,copd, asthma, arthritis,herpes, Cancer,Hpv, any kind of disease, you can reach him now via Gmail address: dranuge@gmail.com or whatsapp  +2348164866838

 
On August 28, 2020 at 1:26 PM , John Keck said...

I'm 61 years old, I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr Onokun herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr Onokun he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr Onokun make it possible for me. Here is Dr Onokun email: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or website: https:// Dronokunherbalcure.wordpress.com/ page at: https://www.facebook.com/naturaltreatme    

 
On October 8, 2020 at 2:50 PM , John Keck said...

I'm 61 years old, I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr Onokun herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr Onokun he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr Onokun make it possible for me. Here is Dr Onokun email: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or website: https:// Dronokunherbalcure.wordpress.com/ page at: https://www.facebook.com/naturaltreatment1

 
On October 8, 2020 at 10:12 PM , Unknown said...

Help me thank Dr jaj who help me bring back my wife and also cure me from HIVI mess up a lot with my wife because I don't tell her that I have HIV because i was afraid she may live me or feel so bad that she may even take her life because i was thinking she has HIV as well  bout so somehow she find out and left me just, so my Dr tell me not to worry and give me drugs, bout i feel like killing myself at that point i tell my friend Hanat at work and she give me information about a spell caster that can help me bring back my wife and also cure me from HIV i never believed at first bout she ask me to and believe him, when i contact this Dr he tell me what to do which i did, and now my wife is back and am cured of HIV I never believed that there is someone that has so much power to do the undo i thank you Hanat and Dr jaj please if there is  anyone that need the spell please contact him now on drjajspellhome@gmail.com /  drjajspellhome@yahoo.com
 or whatspp him on his number +2349031670905

this dr can also help you with the following 
SPELL TO GET OUT OF JAIL ,DEARTH SPELL,LOVE SPELL,MONEY SPELL,SPELL TO BE SUCCESSFUL,SPELL TO KILL ANYONE,  SPELL TO GET PREGNANT 

 
On October 17, 2020 at 10:50 AM , robetharmonton said...

I was diagnosed of herpes virus, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor called Dr Agaba, who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus (Herpes), when i contacted this herbal doctor via email, he sent me herpes virus herbal medicine via courier service, when i received the herbal medicine he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured from the virus within 3 weeks of usage. Contact this great herbal doctor today to get your cure. 
Via Email: Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486